Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thankful ...


Thanks to Polly.
Showed the video to my Ethics classes some time back.
Saw it on Polly's blog again.
Watched it again.
Teared again.
Life is full of ups and downs.
Life is full of friends.
Friends who are there to encourage, to cheer, to support or simply who are there.
Friends who are out to discourage, to jeer, to demoralise or simply put you down.
But still, I am thankful. Thankful for all friends.
Thankful for friends who are there to encourage, to cheer, to support or simply who are there.
For I know I can, and can do better because of your pressence.
Thankful for friends who are out to discourage, to jeer, to demoralise or simply put you down.
For I know, if you derive pleasure in doing what you are doing,
I am glad you are please and happy.

Read on HerWorld yesterday.
"it's life. I dun dwell on what I dun have. I prefer to focus on what I have and what I can do now."

And so, yes, it's life.
I only do what I can and what I want,
but of course, clear to my conscience and dreams.

Family have been there.
Always and ever.
Friends too.
Dd too.

I remember how i told dd that Plan 2013 is very important to me.
Other than the part about travelling, it is a dream.
And dreams keep people going, well, maybe not all,
but it keeps me going.
And yes, I see myself working hard for my dream,
and I am happy with myself.
It is not any easy dream, to give up everything here and just go.
It is not an easy thing, for dd to give up everything and just go wth me.
But for now, it is our dream.
Two more years is a long time to plan and save and prepare.
People say two more years - a lot can happen.
Maybe, but at least I am not giving up.
And is thankful for people, friends and family, who see the dream with me.
And of course, is thankful, for people, who think I'm simply dreaming and cannot make it.

If it was like a couple of years back, I would have been angry, agitated, discouraged by those comments and remarks, but not now.
It simply shows people's characters :) which I have no say in.
And so, since I play no part in, there is no need for me to be angry, agitated or discouraged,
because, it is my dream, not theirs.

This is a rather random post.
Lots have happened over the past few years.
People come and people go.
But I remain.
And my life should only get better with what I can and what I have, not what it should be.

I miss my gran.
(which is like also i have yet to take out the orbituary with all the family contact details to organise)

I miss dd.
Come back soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment