The book was a very good read, together with the other book, the secret letters.
There are many good parts, points or sayings but these are my favourites :) Finished the book quite a while ago, but only decided to blog abt this now. Passed the book to Snr already ... Told her to pass it to another friend. Good things must be shared right :)
(1) ... Julian poured (tea) until the cup was full - but he kept on pouring ... "Julian, what are you doing? My cups if overflowing. No matter how hard you try, no more will go in! ... "Just like this cup, you seem to be full of your own ideas. And how can any more go in ... UNTIL you first empty your cup right?"
(2) No matter what happens to you in your life, you alone have the capacity to choose your response to it. When you form the habit of searching for the positive in every circumstances, your life will move to its highest dimensions.
(3) There are no mistakes in life, only lessons. There is no such thing as a negative experiece, only opportunities to grow, learn and advance along the road of self-mastery. From struggle comes strength.
(4) Never do anything because you've to. Do it because you want to and because you know it is the right thing for you to do.
(5) The only limits on your life are those you set yourself. When you dare to get out of your circle of comfort and explore the unknown, you start to liberate your true human potential.
(6) It is not what you'll get out of books that is so enriching - it is what the books will get out of you that ultimately change your life... Books do not teach you anything new. Books simply help you to see what is already within yourself.
Summer Toh Xiaoxin
Chief Education Officer
The Water Family Enrichment Centre
Mobile: 9796 4130
TWFEC ... Where Every Child Is A Bundle of Promises and Potential
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld from M1.