Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Who Will Cry When You Die

Life Lessons From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.

The contents has 101 items ...
I shall share every single one along the way I read ...

1. Discover your calling
Mahatma Gandhi noted: "Be the change that you wish to see most in your world."
My special talent? Maximising the children's potential. I need to and must always bring more of myself into work and focus on things I do best. I must stop waiting for people to change.

2. Every day, be kind to a stranger
I buy tissue paper from that uncle or auntie sometime. I always say thank you or sorry to people. I do admit some times, I say it in a very sarcastic way - especially to people who don't say "thank you" when someone is holding the lift door, just one of the many examples. I shall attempt to simply say thank you because I want to and not be sarcastic even to what I feel is the worst person.

3. Maintain your perspective
No trouble should be too big to manage. I must have the wisdom to enjoy the journey and savour the process.

4. Practice tough love
Self-discipline = Tough love. Effective, fulfilled people do not spend their time doing what is convenient and confortable. They have the courage to listen to their hearts and to do the wise thing. By doing self-controlled acts, we come to be self-controlled.

5. Keep a journal
If my life is worth thinking about, it is worth writing (blogging?) about.

6. Develop an honesty philosophy
Be a person of my word and not simply all talk and no action. I shall go on a truth fast! Be completely honest!

More to share!
Regards,
Summer Toh Xiaoxin
Chief Education Officer
The Water Family Enrichment Centre
Web: www.twfec.org
Mobile: 9796 4130

TWFEC ... Where Every Child Is A Bundle of Promises and Potential

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld from M1.

No comments:

Post a Comment